Stanford University is committed to protect the privacy of members of the Stanford community including its students, alumni, faculty, staff and research participants. Stanford has adopted policies and established practices to safeguard personal information in a manner consistent with University values, applicable privacy laws and regulations.
On this website you will find the following resources to help you understand your privacy rights and responsibilities:
- Stanford Privacy Policies – Links to the privacy policies that have been adopted by Stanford University
- Training – Materials on proper information access, transmission and storage at Stanford (Stanford community only)
- Privacy Laws and Regulations – Descriptions of and links to Federal and California laws and regulations that govern the protection of electronic and other personal information
- Other Resources – Links to additional resources related to privacy
- Contacts – University and hospital contacts available to answer questions about your privacy rights and responsibilities at Stanford
If you have questions that are not answered on this website, please contact the University Privacy Officer.